Sunday, March 1, 2009

braggin on my man

You know, we are always so quick to b*tch about our spouses when they irritate us or do something wrong. But, we very rarely just sing their praises when they do something nice or sweet. I feel like I need to take a minute to brag on Jacob.

He has changed so much over the past year and a half. I never thought I would see these changes in him. He treats me with so much respect and care now. He considers my feelings so much more. He really makes an effort to do the little things I ask of him without me having to ask. I don't feel like I have to nag all the time. And trust me, it is draining on a woman to have to nag! When he goes to the store, he always remembers to bring me a "treat" like a york peppermint patty or something (yum, my favorite :-P). Even though I am getting fat and don't need treats quite as often! It just lets me know that he is thinking about me. He does sweet little things without my asking. And those are the things that matter.

He remembers to be sincere in thanking me for the things I do for him and the kids. He doesn't gripe when I try to make something new for dinner. He doesn't get irritated when I do nothing around the house all day and me and Trinity just hang out at the beach. (he may be a little jealous though)

He compliments me all the time. It actually feels like he is in love with all the things about me. He tells me what a good mom I am and what a good wife. He tells me how beautiful I look even when I know that I am looking rough. I feel so appreciated.

The most noticeable differences in him are in the way that we don't fight anymore. Of course we have a disagreement every now and then, but they end A LOT better than they used to. And they don't escalate the way they use to. We have both learned a much better technique of communicating with each other to where neither of us feel overly comprimised. Mature i tell ya!

He is also so great with the kids. He is learning such patience with Trinity! and he is helping me out so much with Gavin when he is home. He loves making Gavin laugh and teaching him new things. He has already taught my five month old to give a five. So cute! It is really fun to be a family. We miss Garrett and I wish he could spend more time with him. Jacob is at such a good place in his life where he could really step in and be a great dad to Garrett. But, we only get to see him now for 2 days a month... not nearly enough. (we could get him more, but we have to fly him down and that gets costly)

I am also so proud of how well he is doing at work. He works harder here than I have ever seen him work. He takes pride in what he does and what he is accomplishing. People are looking up to him and constantly complimenting his work that he does as a 2LT. Most 2LT are not capable of the things he knows how to do. I am just so proud of him! On a little sidenote, there is this spouse of one of his soldiers who calls her husband "Sarge". She doesn't ever call him by his name, only Sarge. So, I told him I was going to start calling him "The General"! Hey, it doesn't hurt to speak good things over his life!! Maybe if I keep confessing it with my tongue, he will make General someday!

Anyway, All this to say that I love my husband. He makes me very happy and we are so lucky to have him in our lives. He definitely brings excitement and joy to our lives. It doesn't get boring around him... unless it is Saturday or Sunday afternoon and it is time for his nap. ;-)

2 comments:

Jenn said...

Sounds like you are happy - you deserve the best and by what you described, you're getting it! Happy and proud for you Amanda...you're my girl and I miss you lots...glad to hear that family life is going so well. =)

Lori B. said...

Okay, I don't want to alarm you, but I heard a nasty rumor that they were going to stop making York peppermint patties (my fav as well). Hopefully, it is untrue and just a rumor.
Regarding your sweet hubby... it is so much more fun to talk about them when they are irritating us!! Also, thanks again for having me last week. I had a great time! Your children are precious! Oh, thanks for the sippy cup tip.. it is working...YEAH!

Followers