Tuesday, September 21, 2010

First Day of School

Well, we have a kindergartner and a high schooler!! Craziness! Trinity started kindergarten at Seashore Learning Center and LOVES her teacher, Mrs. Carroll. I have a kind of funny 1st day of school story for her. (or me...) We went to the meeting before school started and they were adamant about the traffic schedule and drop off points and all that stuff... I was under the understanding that we followed these rules and did not walk your kid to class. so, we went the day before and dropped off supplies and practiced walking to her class. Well, the big day came and we talked about dropping her off in the line and where to go. As I am shoving her out of the car with her big ole backpack, one of her friends moms walked by. She said, "Oh Trinity, you're going to kindergarten today.... all by yourself." is that code for "you are a bad mom?" I then noticed that EVERY other parent was walking their kid to class. I asked T if I should get out and walk her. She said "Nope. See ya later! and walked off to class." What an independent little girl!!! But I was so disappointed with myself. Why did I not think that EVERY other parent would walk their kids to class? Oh well. What a memory of her first day of school.



And Garrett... big man in high school! I don't have pictures, but his mom wrote an awesome blog on his school career! check it out!





No comments:

Followers