Monday, April 27, 2009

so far behind

Where do I begin?

Well, to start off, my little boy is 7 months! Going on 8 on the 12th. I cannot believe how the time has flown. He is so unbelievable cute and sweet. I can't even begin to tell you. He has the most adorable, huge, open mouth smile.




I mean, seriously. Look at that toothless smile. I want to eat him up! To top it off, he is a mama's boy. His face just lights up everytime I walk into the room. Love him, love him!

UPDATE ON HOMEMADE BABYFOOD!

It is still fun and easy, BUT I have broke down and bought store baby food at times. I have done it for months now and I can honestly say that it is good and fun to do something wholesome for my baby, but I am not so sure that it is cost effective. It is for sure on the vegetables, but the fruits are expensive to buy fresh and a little more of a pain to make. Except for bananas. They are easy and cheap. And with apples you can buy an organic jar of applesauce pretty cheap compared to pre-packaged baby food. But the hard ones are squash, peaches, pears, and anything you have to bake. Oh well, I love my little guy.

UPDATE ON BREASTFEEDING

I am a champ!!! I cannot believe I have made it 7 1/2 months! I love it. I wish I could have done it with Trinity this long. It is so much easier than formula and smells a lot better =) And it is so sweet to bond with him in this way. I crack up at how he can't miss a thing going on around him. So he is constantly poking his head up to smile at Trinity or laugh at his daddy. I pretty much have to go to a quiet room to feed in peace. Jacob is a little uncomfortable with Gavin's stroking while eating, it cracks me up.

What a good friend!

Jacob and I had 5 kids this last weekend!!!! My friend and her husband went to the Weekend to Remember Marriage Conference this weekend and we kept their 3 kids. Ages 12, 8, and 7 months. Trinity had a blast playing with her friends. And so did Gavin. Here are a couple of pics with him and his little buddy Cali.

Sweet Little Cali

What a mean little boy stealing her sweet bow!!! they are so cute together. We could sit them across from each other with some toys and they would play forever. he loves his little girl friend!

What else has been going on... probably a lot. that is all I can think of for now, but I am sure I will think of something I forgot in the morning.

more to come... miss me ;-)


1 comment:

Monika said...

Cute. Wow, really almost 8 months you had him? Can't believe it. I am so proud of you on all the mom duties.... Go girl! You are a great mom. Love you and we do miss you.

Followers